If you are new to the blogging business, here are the must read posts to get you started before registering your domain.
Now that you have chosen your desired domain name/s, it’s time to register it. If you have a business or want to be a successful blogger someday, it is very important that you have your own.
There are many registrars on the web, but if you are just starting or you don’t have enough budget yet, you can start with NameCheap.com or GoDaddy.com. A domain usually costs $10 or less for a year and you have to renew ownership every year if you still want to use it.
Let’s say you want to register at NameCheap.com. Below are the instructions.
* Sign up for a FREE account. Fillup all the necessary details and click Create Account. You will then be taken to your Homepage.
* Then point your mouse to the Register a Domain tab and click Domain Name Search in the drop down menu.
* Type your desired domain name and make sure you tick the box “Search All Available TLDs”. This will populate all the other extensions giving you an idea which are still available and already taken. Then click “Search”.
Remember to choose the “.com” TLD because this is widely accepted and people usually think that your website url ends in a “.com”. If this is not available and you don’t want to use any other name, then you should choose another extension you think is related to your business. On the other hand, if you have written some other possible names for your site, you could repeat the process of checking the availability until you are satisfied with it. Then click “add to cart”.
* You will be then asked to check your Item/s to purchase. If all correct, confirm it by clicking “Express Checkout”.
* For final verifications and payment options, choose “Pay directly using credit card” and click “Proceed to Secure Payment”.
* Fill out your card details and click “Charge and Process”.
Wait until your order is processed and that’s it! You are now a proud owner of a domain name!