This past weekend, as I browse through the sites I regularly visit, I noticed something…Some had a decrease in Pagerank, some totally lost it all and some were so lucky to have an increase in rankings. Perhaps it’s true that there was a minor Google …
Google updates Page Ranks on a quarterly basis. The first quarter update has started and will end on April 30th, 2010. I am so happy that I finally got a ranking. It wasn’t easy but I am glad with the result.
There is so much work to be done if you want to stay ranked. Some sites had a decrease in ranking and would have to do a lot better in the next few months. But hey! Guess if we want to stay ranked or even increase the numbers, we all need to do far better!
Here are some tips you can do to help improve your page rank on it’s next update:
1. Create Unique Content – Always write original articles. Google likes that. Create articles with your readers in mind. If your site has information that your visitors would like to read, they would be back more often. Try to post at least 4-5 articles per week, more would be better.
2. Comments and more Comments – if you like an article you just read, do not forget to post a comment. Find blogs with similar niche as yours because they are the ones which are more likely to be interested in your blog. Always leave a smart comment and should be related to what you have read. Link your given name to your blog. If they saw that you have something valuable to say, they will be interested to check out your blog.
3. Submit to Different Directories – this is just easy, it will only take you a few minutes to submit your site to one directory. Just make sure to give different titles for your blog and insert rich keywords. This may not bring tons of traffic but if you register to more than one directory, it might do the trick.
4. Exchange Links – but do it the natural way. Offer to exchange links with sites related to your niche. Make sure that the sites you link with are good sites and are not “spammy sites”..
5. Internal Links – is linking within your site. If you post an article, provide a link of your past articles which are related to your current topic, like “related posts” style. Or you may also provide links to your next articles, like, “you may also want to read this”..This way, your visitors will stay longer at your site. Also one way of getting traffic to your other pages.
6. Forums and Online Discussions – this is a great way to get “one way backlinks”. Join forums or discussions related to your niche. Some sites allow you to leave your signature. Make sure you put your signature with a link back to your site. Be also smart in posting and give valuable insights related to the topic.
7. Use Popular Keywords – On your titles and body text, use words or phrases with good keywords and again related to your niche.
8. Create a Sitemap – it will help Google to rank and index your site. You can use this free sitemap generator and upload the .xml file to your site – Online Sitemap Generator
9. Use Meta tags – You have to know that your html is your site’s blueprint and is very important because this is what the search bots reads. So, use meta tags wisely.
10. Be Patient – it will take a lot of work to get a ranking or to stay ranked. Follow all of the above tips and don’t stop doing it..do it often and remember, DO IT NATURALLY.
This blog has been running since July 2009. I started under Blogger’s subdomain. Changed layouts many times. I bought my domain just last January and also changed the title from “Online Business That Pays” to what you see now. Migrated to WordPress just a week …